Mr. Abbott you are wrong.
In fact you are brimming over with wrongability. Lets just see how wrong the current situation with accessing the drug RU486 in Australia is.
- You are not a scientist.
- You do not do medical research.
- The WHO does not run programs with you.
- You have no medical training.
- You have no pharmaceutical training.
- You do not have a uterus.
- You have an overdeveloped sense of entitlement and make grand claims based on assumptions/expectations.
- You are informed by belief as opposed to evidence.
- You are not the TGA.
"There were perfectly good reasons, reasons of principle, not of sordid calculations for saying that this is such an important thing that it shouldn’t be in the hands of the … unaccountable bureaucrats." – Tony Abbott.
"This use of the drug is sufficiently controversial, if you like – there are sufficient public interest issues involved – for the added accountability of a ministerial decision to be part of that process." – Tony Abbott.
Clearly, in your mind Tony you are Australia’s most pre-eminently, accountable bureaucrat – Wrong again!
Image from here